Fall Home School Programs
Bring the whole family and join the Wonders of Wildlife Educational Department as we bring you a great educational experience. These programs are designed for students pre-kindergarten through 6th grade, but everyone is welcome to attend.
Each program will have a 30 minute presentation, games, activities, crafts, take home worksheets and lots of fun! You can come and go throughout the event!
NOTICE: To register for any program, you may either fill out and send in a registration form, call (417) 225-1118, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday November 14th 10 am-noon - Animals Inside and Out
- Ever wondered what makes you tick? During this program we will discover the amazing organs that keep us going.
- Registration information is above.
- Thursday December 12th 10am- noon - Animal Myths and Realities
- Myths are a integral part of many cultures and are passed from one generation to the next.
- Registration is required by Friday before the program; see above for details.
- Location: John A. and Genny Morris Conservation Education Center
- 600 W Sunshine
- Cost is $7.00 per person 4 and up
- 2 chaperones/adults per family, extra adults $3.00
- Registration required
- Thursday November 14th 1:00pm-2:30pm - Cow Eye Dissection Program
- During this lab each student will be able to dissect their own cow eye with the help of a WOW lab instructor. There will also be a live animal presentation as a part of the program to enhance the learning experience.
- Grades 5th - high school (ages 11-17)
- Cost- $10.00 each student (if combined with the morning program the cost for both is $15.00)
- Thursday December 12th 1:00pm-2:30pm - Christmas Wreaths and Gifts
- During this class each student will create a Christmas wreath with lights and lots of natural decoration. Then we will create at least one other nature craft as a gift for someone special.
- Grades 4th-highschool (ages 10-17)
- Cost- $10.00 each student (if combined with the morning program the cost for both will be $15.00)
- Registration is required; see above for details.
Home school Co-ops and groups check out the outreach and teacher pages for more programs that are available or call 417-225-1118 for more details.