Out to Sea Shark Dive
Wonders of Wildlife is proud to announce its most immersive experience to date. The all-new Out to Sea Shark Dive lets guests get under the water inside a metal cage and come face-to-face with sand tiger sharks, brown sharks, barracuda and Atlantic goliath groupers. State-of-the-art air helmets allow guests to comfortably submerge under the water without diver certification.
Who Can Participate?
- The Out to Sea Shark Dive cage accommodates 4 guests and one safety diver.
- All participants must be at least 10 years or older.
- Children ages 10-14: must be accompanied by a parent/guardian during the safety briefing and the parent/guardian must remain in the Shark Dive area while their child is in the water. Parent/guardian must purchase a ticket to the Aquarium Adventure.
- Children ages 15-17: must have a parent/guardian signature to participate.
- Participants must be able to navigate stairs, ramps and ladders unassisted.
- This experience may not be suitable for participants with pre-existing health conditions, including but not limited to: history of heart attacks, strokes, heart disease, angina, heart or blood vessel surgery, epilepsy, blackouts, fainting, convulsions, lung disease, cold, bronchitis or sinus related issues, problems equalizing ears with airplane or mountain travel, sinus or ear surgery, asthma, blood disorders, high blood pressure, history of diabetes affecting your ability to participate in strenuous activity or if you are currently under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Pregnant guests may not participate.
Pricing and Reservations
Advance reservations are required. Non-Member pricing includes same day admission to Wonders of Wildlife (a $39.95 value)
Immerse yourself in our Out to Sea exhibit and come face to face with sharks, groupers and dozens of colorful reef fish during our Shark Dive experience.
Experience mealtime with the sharks and groupers as you dive beneath the surface during our Feeding Frenzy.
Only available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 12:30 p.m.
- Out to Sea Shark Dive Experience
- Same day admission to Wonders of Wildlife
- Wetsuits and dive helmets
- Showers and locker rooms
- Secured lockers to store your personal belongings
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Underwater camera to take photos during your experience
- One 6X8 printed photo and souvenir flash drive with additional photos
- A bathing suit
- Personal toiletry items to shower after your dive
- Personal bag for wet clothes
- Personal wetsuits (provided)
- Personal phones or cameras (GoPro HERO6 provided)
Know Before You Go
- The experience will last 1.5 hours. You will spend 15-20 minutes in the water.
- Any guests who are not participating in the dive need to purchase an Aquarium ticket in order to view the experience. The Out to Sea Shark Dive takes place inside the Aquarium and is not visible to non-Aquarium guests, therefore an aquarium ticket or membership is required for any family or friends wishing to view the dive.
- If you are participating in Shark Dive and are attending Wonders of Wildlife with children 14 and under who are not participating, you must provide a supervising companion over the age of 18. Wonders of Wildlife staff are unable to monitor children of Shark Dive participants.
When You Arrive
- Participants should check in at the Aquarium Great Oceans Hall lobby near the glass elevator.
- Participants will be escorted by a Wonders of Wildlife associate to the Shark Dive experience location.
- Participants will change into their bathing suits and receive a wetsuit to put on over their swimsuit. (Personal wetsuits are not allowed.) Participants can store any belongings in the secured lockers provided.
- To kick things off, all participants will be guided through an overview of the experience, including a safety briefing, and will have a waiver to sign.
- Participants will then enter the dive cage via ramp; the cage is submerged in approximately 7 feet of water. A certified safety diver will be in the water with you during your experience.
- Once inside the dive cage, participants will come face to face with our sand tiger sharks, Atlantic goliath groupers, brown sharks and dozens of other colorful reef fish.